The Speech The Speech

An excellent, hilarious take on stage fright in an appropriately cartoony way, although the voice actors noticably slipped a few times.

Bounty + Hunter Bounty + Hunter

This is quite possibly the most amazing animation I've ever seen a 3D art student produce. You are fucking awesome.

Katan Katan

Absolutely Brilliant

I've watched this movie like 10 times (mostly on FA) and it never gets old. The amount of detail is simply incredible, and the storyline is superbly executed. This whole animation is just that freaking amazing.

Ice Cap RMX Ice Cap RMX

The overall soundscape in this song is very good, but I think your leads need some improvement. They all seem to be in the background of the song, and a lot of them seem very plain. I'd either add some release envelope, reverb, or delay to them. I think a lot of them would benefit from pitch modulation on the tail end of the notes to give them a more organic feeling.

Also, I'm going to whine about your kick too :3 Your kick has more presence than mine, but it seems to be missing some very low bass frequencies.

The synth you have around 5:00 is just a raw saw wave with a filter on it and it sounds very cheesy. Most of the other synths seem fine, so this is really out of place.

In general I'd suggest trying to work on the repetitive nature of the song, because your melody is only about 16 bars long, and that just isn't long enough to repeat over and over and over, not without significant variation. You might be able to give it a boost by adding a secondary melody on top of it, or possibly a counter melody. I really like the drumbs at the last leg of the song, though.

ArcaneSoul responds:

thank you for the feedback man. I actually appreciate it :)

So as for the leads, unfortunately i kind of get into the habit of using presets which i really need to stop. most of the time i at least try to edit major parts of the presets though. Sound design has always been a particularly hard point for me since i can never just get whats in my head onto the vst/software/etc. Like for example, i would of made a sort of sparkly sounding lead for this but how does one get that kind of icy feel? Sure delay and reverb helps but i tend to avoid that unfortunately. i worry too much about mudding the mix.

I'm quite surprised to not see much about the mastering in this since thats always been a point ive worried about alot. You are right though, the kick is a little weak too.

Not much else i can agree or argue here. Most of the stuff you pointed out has been long term problems i have with songs. Generic leads, repetative parts, its almost a habit. Even then though, thanks a ton for the review and like i said. Please keep doing what you're doing man :)

Main Title Heroes Main Title Heroes

Of all the NGADM songs, this one has the best intro, and I would argue that the intro and the quiet part at 1:40 are the strongest parts of this song. The rest is a good attempt at action-ish music, but isn't quite as well executed as the quieter parts. I really like the ideas the song explores, but I'm pretty sure time-constraints prevented you from really effectively exploring them. I kind of want to try and remix this song myself just to try and get closer to what you were shooting for.

TheBenjerman responds:

Feel free to remix!

Not really an attempt at action-ish music, I was aiming at that totally-overblown kind of style that you get in the main titles of action flicks, but I didn't quite hit that either.

And yeah, I had about a day to write this and if I had had more time after I got back to my studio I would have done some things differently, but I stand by it anyway!

Send me a link if you do remix. ;)

Ling Kano's Fighting Show Ling Kano's Fighting Show

I have no idea what this song is about, but I LIKE IT. I do think the guitar is a tad harsh, though.

SourJovis responds:

Thank you. I'll look at the guitar. Maybe reduce some of the high frequencies, or do something about the distortion, but still have it stand out.

Isolated Isolated

That is the best damn tree ever.

Rhythma - Magic Parade Rhythma - Magic Parade

SO MUCH CRAZY

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sunbath Sunbath

IS IT A FOX?

IT TOTALLY LOOKS LIKE A FOX.

ZaronX responds: