-Orr- Four Brave Champions -Orr- Four Brave Champions

The definition of Epic

Is this song. There really is nothing more to say, except that this song is just that awesome.

DavidOrr responds:

Wow! Thanks!

Endless Fall Endless Fall

Constructive feedback?

How can I give you constructive feedback when I'm still trying to pick my jaw up from the floor? This is brilliance. I'm too busy wallowing in ectasy here to give you any advice other then "HOLY CRAP THIS IS AWESOME."

Except I think on the melody at 2:20, you could have broken up those notes just a *tad*, maybe stuck in a 4th or something.

5/5

Requiem For a Dream (DnB MMix) Requiem For a Dream (DnB MMix)

Power much?

The pitch-rising thingymasynth combined with the drums and a strong mix have created a stunning combination of strings, an awesome song to begin with, and crazy-ass drums to create an even more awesome remix.

Now, on to the nitpicking. On the strings I think you should have emphasised the quarter note string hits a little more to give it more feeling. Also, while the remix is awesome, there is a whole lot more you could have done with the melody, including a rising/falling string arp, and probably a lot more synth variation. Yes, its DnB, but you really didn't put that much variation into the drumlines either - they sound cool, but they don't *change*

Also, for some reason, I feel like if you removed some of the stereo from the bass synth and centered it a bit more, it would feel a bit better and more like it was "under" you instead of around you, which is more appropriate for a bass synth (IMO). The ending could have been a little more climatic as well, once again with the rising string arp that you never did and it bugs me because it fits this song so well.

Listening to it again, I also feel like the melody could have been elaborated on and upgraded in speed so as to match the frantic drums. Its good to have a contrast in speed, but the strings are already providing that in the background, so going crazy with the synth probably would have yeilded a catchier result.

As a final note, that pitch-rising background synth-thing is just jaw-droppingly awesome sounding.

9/10

Mrmilkcarton responds:

Well I already went over the string issue with you over MSN but as far as the ARP I'm not so sure about that. I think I heard it in my head too but never found the notes.

As far as the stereo of the bass I think I actually widened it more. In Drum & Bass I prefer the bass to have power and a big presence in the song. It's called DnB for a reason no need to hide the bass.

I wanted to make make the melody a tad faster but I soon found the sliding on the synthe wouldn't allow for that. It would sound pretty dumb sliding any faster then it is.

Last but not least thank you.

Milk{Looking Back} Milk{Looking Back}

Only The Carton.

An incredibly complex chord progression, variation up the wazoo, a catchy melody, beautiful mastering, synthwork only The Carton is capable of, rolled into one mind-blowing, unbelievable song. This is going to get first of the week on tuesday.

In terms of criticism, I think the do-do-do do-do-do that comes in at the middle of the song would have benefited from going one note farther and hitting the next chord. I also think that the song would have benefitted from messing up the rhythms a little bit, or providing an alternate bassline.

Either way, this is crazy awesome stuff.

Mrmilkcarton responds:

Thanks man I appreciate it.

Reasoner- I'm Still Here Reasoner- I'm Still Here

A slow saturday

Is precisely what this sounded like. Superb job, and excellent as background music.

Reasoner responds:

:-)

[Melophobia g-R] [Melophobia g-R]

The melody sucks ass

But my god, the motif at 1:01 makes the whole song awesome beyond words. The fact that its beautifully mastered and mixed helps too.

Rose At Nightfall Rose At Nightfall

Wow

This song starts off amazing, becomes incredible, goes into a breif bout of unbelievable, and is simply beyond words. This song is made of win.

NemesisTheory responds:

This review is made of win, too! <3
thank you for the kind words!

Entrance Me (Original Mix) Entrance Me (Original Mix)

Good Ambient

Not entirely that good of a listening song, though. I can feel this song in the background somewhere, but its missing the variation and massive feel of your other songs. That massive synth seems a bit lonely and out of place with all the other light, ambient, echoey synths in the song. It might have worked if it was faded even more into the background, but when its trying to carry the melody it just doesn't fit.

Either way, a good job, just not a spectacular job.

8/10

Mrmilkcarton responds:

Hmmm thanks for the input. I think I could dramatically change the style of the song by removing and replacing that synthe. Always room to improve and makes me want to try even harder on the next track.

Thanks for the vote and review.

~EnV~Heaven Rd. 3 ~EnV~Heaven Rd. 3

Jeez

Well I don't really care for the gigantic drum, and I don't particularly like the genre, this song demands respect for its stunning production and clear, professional sound. Good god, this song has talent in it.

/M: Twilight To Mydnite /M: Twilight To Mydnite

Slow and lovely

I HEAR PACHEBELS CANON!

D:

Regardless of how much pachebel's canon is in this song, that is a truely lovely melody, and it really sings at the end of the song. The atmosphere achieved in this piece is really great, and gives a rather nostalgic feeling. I think some of the breaks are a little slow, and I would have liked a little more of the melody, but overall a great song.

Mich responds:

To be honest, I've never even heard of that 'Pachebels Canon'...
So That was not intended...

Thanks for your review!
-EDIT-
I looked that Pachelbel's canon thingy up, and it appears that I do know that :p

And you're right it sounds pretty much like it...
Still it wasn't intended...