Techno.Epic.(FMX) Techno.Epic.(FMX)

Very good

The sole reason this song did not get a 10/10 is because of that annoying synth that keeps getting triggered over and over and over again without many modifications. Terribly annoying. Other then that, excellently made techno track!

9/10
5/5

Flash-MX responds:

Thanks for the review! Im not sure which synth you mean because I hear two without modifications, the bass or the lead? Thanks again!

Workload Workload

Volume...

The song is flat out too quiet. You can barely hear it! Regardless, it seems relatively well made but lacks any kind of hook or earworm and seems slightly boring because of its extremely repetative nature.

1. Increase the volume (use the compressors!)
2. Add a melody or otherwise strong instrument. Alternatively you could add a more defined percussion role to take the lead.
3. More variation! 5 minutes of the same thing over and over again is... boring. Terribly boring.
4. Move your instruments around, try to use a variety of them.

6/10
3/5

Riding the Wind Riding the Wind

Variation!

Seems like I'm always saying this, but, variation! The song itself is well made, wonderfully put together, with a great piano part in the first section, but after that just gets repetative. And I don't mean trancey-repetative, i mean downright boring repetative. It would have helped a huge amount by just adding in an alternate theme or two in the middle and near the end, maybe breaking up the beat a little bit. Anything to change the song so its not playing the same thing over and over and over. I love the kick in this though.

This is probably just me but i felt like it could have gone 10 BPM faster as well.

7/10

5/5 - because there's too many damn zeroers!

x-Exodus-X responds:

I agree, there definitely could have been more diversity. I kind of switched up the beat at one point, but It wasn't that much. Well, thanks for the review and the 5!

"Drown" - F-777 "Drown" - F-777

Wow.

This song is absolutely superb. Contrary to the reviewer below who gave a 7, the random FX fits perfectly with the song, and it shouldn't disrupt the song because it lands on a beat, as do all the other FX, and therefore they only serve to reinforce the song. All the FX is perfectly timed to the song, giving it an amazing feel. Beautiful melody, beautiful execution, probably room for improvement, but thats trivial - there's always room for improvement.

Fast Fall-Shinrog Fast Fall-Shinrog

Let that melody sing!

Had this been a techno song, I probably wouldn't have mentioned this, but since its a dance song, I really think the majority of this song is lost because its difficult to hear the melody. Modification of then synths used, bumping the notes up an octave, and otherwise letting the melody "sing" would be a great improvement on this song. That said, there are excellent drums in this, as well as some creative synth usage. Nice work.

Shinrog responds:

thanks for the constructive review,ill take that in mind next time =)

Piano Ensemble 2 Piano Ensemble 2

Compression?!

My poor speakers are bleeding! While the piano sounds nice, it is raping my speakers because of poor compression. Try to work on that, and in addition, the song is extremely repetative, has no backup insturments, and most notably almost always has one single note playing except for a few key parts (which you can barely hear because of all the clipping problems). While you go everywhere with the keys, the song has no distinct melody whatsoever.

By far the biggest problem, however, is a single insturment being used solo without a solo-style, with huge clipping problems. Try to use either the Fruity Compressor (the easiest to use, will solve most of your problems in a snap), or the MultiBand Compresser (way harder to use). Just try turning down the volume too - maybe add a bit of parametric EQ?

Gian responds:

I dont even know how to use FL studio lol.. I just composed the notes :) ty for the review, and it is not that repetitive, Just a bit >=U

{dj-N} The Beginning of Time {dj-N} The Beginning of Time

Incredible

Personally, i think the songs a bit repetative, but its trance, which is supposed to be repetative, so i simply can't knock you down for that.

Why would I want to? Its impossible to NOT like this song! Holy crap! O_o

Humanitys Last Stand Humanitys Last Stand

Truly Stunning

Somehow, you create a unique atmosphere unmatched by many songs. Absotuletly superb execution of an awesome song idea.

p4c-Sacrifice[unfinished] p4c-Sacrifice[unfinished]

Piano?

While the melody in this is undeniably beautiful, that piano bugs me. For one, its not entirely the best piano voice, and two, the techno portion of the song completely overwhelms the piano, which takes a lot away considering the piano is doing the main melody.

p4c responds:

ok, ill think about editing my piano voice, and i guess ill tone down the techno sections; i did all the production on headphones, but now that i listen to it on speakers, i think i see what you mean. thanks for the constructive crit!

Jungledrift: ImperfectDisciple Jungledrift: ImperfectDisciple

Stunning

A brilliant song by any standard, this deserves top marks. While the song gets slightly repetative towards the middle, overall there is a sufficient amount of variety, and the whole song sounds freaking awesome.

Sweet.

ImperfectDisciple responds:

Really? Wow, thanks man! Yeah, 'twas a bit repetitive, but I brought it around so it was interesting enough to make you listen through the whole song ;D

-Thanks for the review!!!

-ImperfectDisciple