The New Energy (Short Mix) The New Energy (Short Mix)

Repetative?

The melody in this song never changes, ever, and its only a series of about 8 notes, and it plays the entire song, with only a few voice changes here and there. Changing the melody instead of just adding some notes would have had a great effect on the song, or giving it a second theme altogether, anything to break up the song's repetative nature. It was just the same thing over and over and over and over and over...

The synths were great, the song was polished, but in the end it was just too bloody repetative for me.

A-New-Decade responds:

the melody never changes because i made it with loops lol

Bob's Escape 2 Theme Song. Bob's Escape 2 Theme Song.

8-bit!

Or rather, it sounds like 8-bit. But the voices complement each other marvelously and overall it sounds excellent! I could definately imagine this on a game.

ImperfectDisciple responds:

Thanks for the review man! Very 8-bit indeed.

-ImperfectDisciple

-Yeah, I'm tired today, I would write more, but today is a sleepy day for me.

| - Airborne (v6) - | | - Airborne (v6) - |

Needs some change

This is a superb song, and MeastroRage's comments still stand, but i'd like to add that you should switch the synth voice over to something else at least for a short while in order to give it a bit of a rest. The melody, however, is brilliant.

A Time Too Long A Time Too Long

Good for a first...

That voice (instrument) you used in the beginning got on my nerves rather quickly, and the tempo was very haphazard. A very nice melody, but the tempo was very hard to follow and made the song difficult to listen to. The volumn of your insturments should be tweaked a bit, and you need to use the parametric EQ to take all those squealing high pitched voices out. I think that voice would actually have been much better if you simply dropped it down an octave. Same goes for many other sections of the song.

Above all, put some variety in there. It was very, very repetative. But i can recognize a good composer, and you are one. Keep at it!

Pulse - Function Disorder Pulse - Function Disorder

Relatively good

This was very good quality, however it lacked substance in some areas. Many times it was almost seemingly random notes. Too many notes is one thing, but these notes were far, far too sparse. Try putting in a more solid and evolving melody next time. Almost the entirety of the beginning of the song is just drums. Drums are nice, and they were very well done, but it seemed excessive when you had barely 3 notes on top of them for almost 1/5 of the time.

But other than that, is it an amazingly good effort at a song, definately keep going at it. The difference between nice sounding songs and really good songs are good melodies and good chord progressions. Try mixing some minor and major chords - those always turn out sounding cool, when they are done right.

One last thing - All the voices were very well done, except the one at the end, which was rather annoying and screechy.

Pulse6 responds:

Thanks!

-What voices? I never put any in this song...

-Pulse6-