Sift - Fiji + Alias Pharow Sift - Fiji + Alias Pharow

Masterpiece

I do not normally like House, but this song stands out with its refreshing originality, taking the house genre and creating something new and interesting with it, with sublime melodies flowing in and out of the mix.

10/10
5/5

Beyond The Sea ((Kahnkahn)) Beyond The Sea ((Kahnkahn))

We need a medal

for "Worst song to ever make it into the Top 5"

Powrffs Powrffs

Hahahahahaha

I agree with trancecrafter in that, while not necessarily being your fault, this demonstrates how utterly broken the NG voting system is.

Unlike trancecrafter, I have better things to do then review crap, so I will instead summerize his review: "LOLWTF?!"

::Out Of Mind:: ::Out Of Mind::

Soothing

This is a really incredible song, something ethereal that floats out of reality and takes the listener with it. This is what real music is. I hope you've found somewhere else to post your music, because you should never, ever, ever stop.

gOrc responds:

Thanks for your kindness. I actually will never ever stop to make music, it is my passion since I was 15.

xKore - Bunch of old stuff xKore - Bunch of old stuff

Incredible

I have never heard a stranger mix of crazy dubstep and incredible atmospheric electronica (I of course prefer the latter). The variety displayed in these songs is remarkable, and your incredible skill evident in each track. Simply amazing.

xKore - Interstate (FULL) xKore - Interstate (FULL)

This is a work of art

Anyone who says you should stick to dubstep is incapable of comprehending how incredible this track is.

xKore responds:

i appreciate it duuude :)

[HP] Lakemaster's Den [HP] Lakemaster's Den

Very good

It could still use some polish and length, but you nailed the atmosphere here. The song is absolutely perfect for the situation it was designed for. In terms of production, this would benefit from a bit better mixing on some of the later instruments, but overall is a great start.

==(Shadow People)== ==(Shadow People)==

Superb

The drums could have been a little better, I think, maybe with a more steady beat of soft snares. Other then that, this song is incredible. The atmosphere is brilliant and it sounds like something straight out of a space game. Everything is mixed to perfection, the reverb is perfect, and the instruments are incredible.

10/10
5/5

Buoy responds:

hey thanks :D I really appreciate a cup of praise in the evening

+- Misty Morning -+ +- Misty Morning -+

Stop with the limiter

I can still hear that limiter on the master channel. You really should focus on EQing all the instruments so the limiter isn't necessary. You should sidechain specific instruments manually instead of relying on a limited to do it.

Your progression is fairly good, but it never, ever changes. The entire song is the same series of notes over and over with various changes in the instruments. You need to have a breakdown and some alternate melodies going on.

Some of the synths sounded a bit too much like presets here. By the end of the song the mix was just dying with all the stuff you had going on under a default limiter. You have a bit more of an outro to this, but rule #1: Land on the tonic! Or at least the dominant, but usually one ends on the tonic. You just needed one more note and possibly a better placement of the crash.

In general the melody here is too generic without enough variation to get a very high score.

6/10
3/5

+- Solemn's Reach -+ +- Solemn's Reach -+

Progression

This track has an impressive chord progression, and I can tell you were really trying to pull as much as you could out of it, but I don't think you went far enough. There is so much more you could do with a progression like this. The track also had no lead-in whatsoever, which would have helped build the song a little more. The main problem is that you let the chord progression be the melody, when you should have had a melody on top of it. Then, you fail to include any real outro at all, the song just stops.

The synths and effects are all very intriguing, but the mix doesn't seem to be particularly well balanced. The hihats and drums in general are terrible. I would recommend finding better samples and bringing drums into the foreground with more mix work on them. You also sound like you just stuck a limiter on the master channel, which suffocates the mix.

In general, this is a great idea, but the execution just isn't there.

8/10