HP - Battle Heart HP - Battle Heart

Huuuuuuuge improvement

This is giant improvement over your previous songs. The main melody here is really awesome, but you don't use it enough, and you MURDER the poor violin. You have GOT to swap out your primary instrument or it grinds into your head. The song in general has lots of melodic variation but little to no instrumental or frequency variation. I can hear a bunch of other instruments that would work here, as well as nice strong strings part somewhere. Something to fill the gap. A very mellowed out synth pad would also work if it was fairly realistic. A flute would work. Anything, really, just USE ANOTHER INSTRUMENT. Seriously.

Other then that, solid idea here, but work is indeed needed. You have to introduce new instrumental concepts, new beat patterns, new rhythms, etc. in order to keep the audience interested. The bland percussion here does not help either.

Lion King - F-777 ReMiX Lion King - F-777 ReMiX

Holy crap

I didn't think this was possible. To the idiot down there who thinks this is unoriginal, when an audio artist has made some 50 or so original songs, a remix now and then is perfectly fine, especially if its as wonderfully crafted as this. I've had this same melody stuck in my head for ages and to hear this re-imagining of it is simply amazing. I tend to prefer the intro over the actual beat, myself, but it's still amazing to listen to.

1:52 is absolutely godly. In an electronic music genre, you managed to capture the essence of the original orchestrated song, which is nothing short of astounding. I'd like to see someone other then F-777 do that.

10/10

Abyss - F-777 Abyss - F-777

Very cool

While not what I would consider your best work, I can hear a lot of experimentation in this song and its resulted in quite a few nifty effects. The melodies, as usual, are awesome, and melodies always win. A tad too noisy and loud for my tastes but the song itself is very well made.

Blackhole FX Blackhole FX

Interesting

HEY LOOK IT'S MY NAME xP

This has a couple of interesting melodies, but I'm not much a fan of the insane FX going on. The production though, as usual, is ridiculously good; since that's the overall aim of this song, I'll give you a 5 anyway since it succeeded at what it was trying to do.

axeFX responds:

hey man, thx for the review. I'll try and build off of this, see where it goes. Blackhole ! your the man!

ParagonX9 - Chaoz Airflow ParagonX9 - Chaoz Airflow

Superb

While I think the drums are overpowering, the melodic sections of this song were absolutely superb. The ending part of the melody actually reminds me of Golden Sun's battle theme. I will never understand how you can possibly master songs this well xD

It was a similar style to Chaoz Fantasy, but that song is still my definition of the greatest song every composed. Sorry :P

Os Vs Mjattie -of Softest Rain Os Vs Mjattie -of Softest Rain

Inspiring

My only gripe about this song is its excessive volume and harsh choice of synth. However, the melody is truly amazing and its one of those songs that can conjure an emotion out of thin air.

9/10

ObsidianSnow responds:

Well, despite your "gripe", I'm glad you found it inspiring.

Thanks for the review, Blackhole!

When the Wind Blows When the Wind Blows

Unbelievable

I would say "get signed" but you seem to have already managed that, so I'll just attempt to express how unbelievably good this song is. Great production, beautiful melody, and lyrics that actually get me to listen to them.

10/10

AlexSandford responds:

Haha, I'm not signed. I'm just your everyday joe with an Alesis.

Adamant FX Adamant FX

So close

The reason this song hasn't done as well as it should have is because you had a seriously awesome idea at 0:27 and then threw it away, never to use it again. Had you gone into the break and then returned to that idea plus an upper melodic embellishment, the song would be absolutely godly. As it stands, the song starts with pure awesomeness and then just... dies.

Either way, very good job 8D

axeFX responds:

I'm pretty sure I know wat you mean, ill have to try that. thx for the review man.

Goat {Rain} Goat {Rain}

Intro too slow

The intro is nice, but too slow, empty and long. Also, the synth you have there seems to override the other ones a bit... but i'm on laptop speakers so I won't judge on that. The drums are getting better on this one, your melodies are now enjoyable to listen to, although I'm not sure if they're earworm material quite yet. This song is still, unfortunately, extremely repetative (and really long). It'dork better if you have more stuff going on. It's _boring_. Good trance is repetative and NOT BORING, which is very difficult to do, which is why people get paid money to do it :P Try working more towards that.

7/10
4/5

[ZX] Cumulus [ZX] Cumulus

REPETITIVE!

I still like it though. The baseline is brilliant, and you have some great melodies even if the mixing is absolutely horrid. The synths are surprisingly good though and accompany each other well... of course that could just be because you don't know how to make any other kind of synth <_<

This could be an excellent song if it had proper production and an additional idea to break it up.

7/10